Madeleine McCann’s sister speaks publicly for the first time since her disappearance 16 years ago – Parents Gerry and Kate McCann said public support had helped them as they said Madeleine was ‘still very much missed’
Madeleine McCann’s sister has spoken publicly for the first time since her sibling’s disappearance 16 years ago.
At a vigil marking the anniversary, Amelie, now aged 18, said: “It’s nice that everyone is here together but it’s a sad occasion.”
- Top 10 cleanest cities in the World
- Top 10 Biggest Banks in World
- The most popular news websites in the World
- Top 10 Best Hill Stations in the Earth
- Top 7 Most Sustainable Cities in the World
- Top 10 Most Environmentally Friendly Cities in the World
- Top 10 Best Smartphone in India
- Top 10 Most Powerful Currencies in the World in 2023
The informal prayer meeting, attended by about 70 people, took place in the family’s home village of Rothley in Leicestershire on Wednesday evening. Parents Kate and Gerry McCann took part, although Sean, Amelie’s twin brother, did not.
They wrote: “Today marks the 16th anniversary of Madeleine’s abduction.
“Still missing .. still very much missed. It is hard to find the words to convey how we feel.”